Monday, May 18, 2009

The crazies...

Did some research at home today, and went to the Post Office to mail my postcards. Turns out that the Post Office is also a bank and it's crazy confusing. You have to press the right button to get the right ticket, and if you don't get the right ticket, you have to start all over again. It's more confusing and terrifying than the DMV. While waiting, I had a unintelligible conversation with a local old man.

Went to a cute little trattoria today called Dino & Tony's. The chefs were also the servers, and they sang while they served. I had probably the best mussels ever, they were swimming in a wine and tomato bread, with lots of garlic and parsley and bread to soak it all up. It was amazing.

At lunch, I met a couple from Florida who were visiting London, as well as a girl with a Pucca bag. And I gave directions again, which made me very excited. On the way home, I saw a little asian kid running down the street without his shirt on (through St. Peter's) which was very strange. But even stranger, as I was walking out of the tunnel, some crazy Italian woman hit me and started yelling at me... It didn't really hurt, but it was certainly a shock. I know that our cultures are different, but I'm pretty sure it's not acceptable to go up and hit strangers.


0 comments:

Post a Comment